Age of Heroes
Modern Altranian historians have taken to describing the history of The Continent using historical ages. Many dates and facts were taken directly from Dwarven historians, and their claims are difficult for modern historians to prove, but they are usually taken at face value for simplicity’s sake. The Ages of History are:
- The Mythic Age (0-4000): The time when the gods descended the World Ladder to create the world and all it’s lands and resources.
- The Empty Age (4000-5752): The time after the gods had finished their work and left the world (leaving it empty of their presence) and the Dwarven hegemony rose to power.
- The Golden Age (5752-6420): Sometimes called the Dwarven Age, this is the time from the first and only ascent to the top of Fauhaltr, beginning the Mithril Empire, up to the collapse of the empire as a result of a Dragonborn revolt.
- The Age of Toil (6420-7016): This age is characterized by the peoples of The Continent working to keep order after the end of the Pax Mithrilica.
- The Age of Blood: (7016-7222): Begins with the taking of the southern city of Kragan by an Asmodean cult, leading to the formation of The Kragan Empire, and a period of fear and horror as the Kragans expanded their empire into the North.
- The Age of Darkness: (7222-Present) The current age, which began with the Three Crowned Alliance destroying the Kragan Empire. This led to the downfall and schism of the The Telemnar Confederacy, and allowed for the Altranian Union to step in as the dominant power on The Continent.